EDANZ’s focus is on building the conditions for combined efforts from local government, central government, iwi and the private sector, to help further New Zealand’s economic performance.
EDANZ is organised as 14 key regional groups at the governance level to provide national coverage.
EDANZ undertakes a range of tasks including:
- contributing to national strategy and policy development on issues affecting economic development
- acting as a connector between individual EDAs and central government stakeholders
- providing strategic capability support to regional EDAs
- connecting with key non-governmental stakeholders such as business, education, research agencies, iwi and community
- identifying and promoting best practice in the field of economic development amongst its members
- fostering the development of the economic development profession