- Work in the coolest little capital over summer!
- Learn how you can make a difference in our communities and economy through policy
- Get real life work experience on interesting, high priority and often high profile projects
- Internship period from November 2017 to February 2018
As an intern on the MBIE Policy Internship programme you’ll be tackling real life problems and helping create a better New Zealand for your community, whnau and the New Zealand economy.
MBIE is one of the country’s largest and most influential public sector agencies. We employ more policy people than anyone else in New Zealand and we’re responsible for a diverse range of policy areas.
Exciting and challenging work
We play a big role in shaping the New Zealand of tomorrow by developing innovative solutions to complex issues. We tackle all sorts of questions; things like:
- How do we deal with housing supply and affordability?
- What’s the best way to support New Zealand businesses to become more internationally competitive?
- How can we make sure the benefits of economic growth are widely shared?
- How do we build a nation with a thriving digital technology sector?
You’ll get stuck into real, meaningful work – a mix of research, analysis and delivery of new projects and programmes. And you’ll be kicking off your career with a great support and social network of fellow interns.
My summer internship at MBIE has been a fantastic opportunity to get a look inside what goes on in a big government departmentI got to work within a really fun and supportive team who were always ready to include and involve me in projects of interest.
I was really stoked to get a place in the MBIE Summer Internship programme; it was a change to get some awesome experience in what I’m now sure I want to doAll in all, the Summer Internship programme was worth every minute and I’d seriously recommend MBIE as an employer to anyone.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for students from a range of disciplines – passionate people with diverse perspectives and backgrounds, who love an intellectual challenge and want to create a better New Zealand for our people.
If you’re an analytical and innovative thinker with a solid academic record, then we want to hear from you!
Click on the Apply Now’ button to complete the application form and upload your application.
Applications close on 13 August 2017 at 5pm.
You need to be a New Zealand or Australian resident or citizen to apply.
Your application will need to include:
- Your current academic transcript (official or unofficial)
- Your CV
- A cover letter – telling us why you’re interested and why you think you’ll make a great Policy Advisor.
Check out our FAQs or you can also fire through your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.seek.co.nz/JobApply/LinkoutApply?id=33965156 →