The Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency (WREDA) has been established to further improve the Wellington region’s prosperity and global reputation as a centre of creativity, enterprise, diversity and liveability. WREDA’s vision for Wellington is:
To become the most liveable, prosperous and vibrant city region in Australasia by 2025
We market Wellington as a destination for visitors, migrants, investors, students and entrepreneurial business; help businesses grow and innovate; advocate for Wellington’s economy; attract and promote major events and run civic venues.
The Business Growth and Innovation (BGI) division are seeking a Programme Manager to work within their Education, Talent and Skills team. This role presents an outstanding opportunity to participate in the development of strategy, campaigns and partnerships to enable the Wellington region to grow, train and attract talent.
Our most recent talent recruitment campaign has been the LookSee campaign:
To be successful in this role, you will, be passionate about Wellington businesses, have strong communication and presentation skills, show evidence of strong relationship building skills and work well as part of a small team. Knowledge and experience in the areas of education, immigration, workforce planning, recruiting, HR or consulting sectors would be an advantage.
The Programme Manager will be accountable for building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders. You will manage the delivery of WREDA led talent projects in order to address Wellington skills shortages, and will report to the Education, Talent and Skills Manager.
In summary, you will oversee the following accountabilities:
- Develop connections to understand business skills, talent and retention opportunities and challenges (including government, business, tertiary and off-shore relationships)
- Analyse critical staffing barriers to growing Wellington organisations and deliver projects that help solve these problems
- Contribute to strategy and implementation meetings to understand skills gaps and opportunities, and preparation of robust project plans for talent and skills activity
- Delivery of local and offshore promotional events and talent marketing campaigns
- Ensure all monthly activity and performance reporting is completed
- Budget allocation and reporting, including reporting on progress against targets
What’s in it for you?
Not only is this a unique opportunity for an experienced generalist to be part of a high-performance team, but you will be part of WREDA’s committed to build a supportive and inspirational work environment. As well as competitive remuneration, we will help ensure our team practice what we preach about Wellington’s incredible lifestyle benefits and creating a work environment which mirrors our aspirations for the Wellington region.
For a copy of the job description, please visit: https://www.wellingtonnz.com/jobs
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 18 August and we may interview candidates as applications are received, so get in quick.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.seek.co.nz/job-apply/34074326 →